LANCE C. BLANKENSHIP is a Shareholder in the San Antonio office of Kennard Richard, P.C. He is admitted to practice in the State of Texas, as well as in the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas. Mr. Blankenship brings his experience of having overseen the Employment Law Section and cases for a Statewide defense firm to now assist workers and mid-sized to small businesses.
Mr. Blankenship has worked with large public and private entities, in both corporate and insurance defense claims, as well as individuals, with issues arising out of:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (race, color, national origin, sex)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (including accessibility violations and standards)
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Texas Commission on Human Rights Act
- Older Worker’s Benefits Protection Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- National Labor Relations Act
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- State Unemployment Claims
- Retaliation for Worker’s Compensation Claims
- Covenants Not to Compete
- Employment Handbooks
At Kennard Richard, P.C., Mr. Blankenship continues to engage in administrative proceedings and litigation, except now he fights with the Firm for employees’ rights and to help mid-sized and small businesses avoid claims through greater understanding and protection of the company and its workers. In his prior practice, Mr. Blankenship has also provided services and engaged in litigation on personal injury, real estate, construction and other professional liability matters.
Mr. Blankenship earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Trinity University and a Juris Doctorate from St. Mary’s University. He is a member of the San Antonio Bar Association.