Mr. Richard is a shareholder with Kennard Richard, P.C., and is based in San Antonio. He is licensed in both Texas and New Mexico, which allows him to assist clients throughout both states. Mr. Richard joined Kennard Richard, P.C., the largest firm in the state dedicated to employee and personal rights in 2015, after 35 years in private practice, to ensure the ability to get the best results for his clients.
Mr. Richard is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law and Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1983. He has received selection by his peers as a Texas Super Lawyer for 10 years.
His extensive trial practice includes representation of aggrieved individuals and their families in over 150 jury trials. Mr. Richard has the distinction of being one of the members of the trial team that received the largest actual damages verdict in the history of El Paso County, $124,546,732.89.
Mr. Richard’s prior experience includes time as a Special Agent in the F.B.I. and as an Assistant District Attorney in Beaumont and Houston. For 8 years he defended insurance companies and big corporations as an associate and later as a partner in a multi-national law firm. Mr. Richard has applied the work ethic he developed in the big law firm to the successful prosecution of cases for individuals and their families.
He is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is a product of the verdicts received and the settlements he has reached for his clients. In 2012, Mr. Richard became a member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Texas and in 2015, he became a member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, recognized as one of the nations Top One Percent.
- Texas, 1976
- New Mexico, 1986
- U.S. Federal Court, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1985
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence cum laude – 1976
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts cum laude – 1973
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Honors and Awards
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law and Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas Super Lawyer for 10 years
- 2012 National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Texas
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, recognized as one of the nations Top One Percent