ALFONSO KENNARD, JR., is the founding Shareholder of Kennard Richard, P.C. He is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and spent nearly a decade in large law firms before starting this firm.
- Assists individuals with their employment law related claims
- Assists mid-sized and small businesses to stay in compliance with Federal and state laws, advises clients on how to avoid litigation, and helps smaller and medium sized business protect and assert their legal rights
- Represents individuals and small and mid-sized business owners through the litigation process in both state and federal courts
- Handles litigation dealing with employment discrimination, wage and hour issues, and compliance with non-competes and the protection of trade secrets through non-disclosure agreements
- Mr. Kennard has received favorable results and verdicts for his business clients in both bench and jury trials as a first-chair trial attorney
Mr. Kennard is the Immediate Past President of the Notre Dame Alumni Association in Houston and is also a Commissioner for the City of Houston Contract Compliance Commission as an appointee of Mayor Bill White. Mr. Kennard also serves on the Board of Directors for the St. Mary’s University School of Law Alumni Association.
Mr. Kennard received his Business Degree in Marketing from the University of Notre Dame, home of the Fighting Irish. While at Notre Dame, Alfonso served as the President of the Class of 1999. While attending law school at St. Mary’s University, Mr. Kennard served as the Student Body President and received the Outstanding Law Student Award.
Mr. Kennard is fluent in Spanish and can assist clients accordingly. He spends time at the Firm’s Houston, San Antonio and El Paso offices.
In 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 Mr. Kennard was named a “Rising Star” in Texas Super Lawyers magazine.